As a Carlow business, we cannot wait to celebrate the innovation and entrepreneurial spirit of fellow people and businesses within the county – and our very own Alan O’Reilly is presenting the Professional Services Award!
The theme of the Carlow Business Awards 2020 & 2021 is ‘Resilience and Innovation’ and takes place on the 11th of November at 7pm. It’s being hosted in not one, but three live locations with different awards being presented in each: Ballykealey House in Ballon, The Lord Bagenal Inn Leighlinbridge, and The Woodford Dolmen Hotel Carlow.
The 16 categories recognise the many different talents of the nominees:
- Community Award: Celebrates the success of Community and Voluntary enterprises in Carlow.
- Business Supporting Community Award: Recognises and highlights the input of Businesses in supporting the community.
- Food and Beverage Producers Award: Recognises the importance of the Irish food business and the top performing businesses within this dynamic and innovative sector.
- Best Innovative Dining Experience: Highlights some of the ways people can experience dining in a unique and very different way and recognises the creativity, quality and experience that was delivered while the industry was limited to Governmental restrictions.
- Best Presented Shopfront/Premises: Awarded to the best presented shop front within the community.
- Spirit of Carlow Award: Recognises those whose good deeds may have gone unnoticed. This is a non-business category.
- Customer Service Award: Recognises the importance of excellence in customer service among companies committed to offering the highest values of customer care.
- Professional Services Award (sponsored by Blacknight): Recognises excellence in customer service, product knowledge and commitment to developing sustainable business practices across the full range of activities.
- Employee of the Year: Awards an individual based on various criteria including interview with the employee, report from manager/supervisor.
- Research Innovation and Technology Award: The judges assess nominees for evidence of how, through research and development, companies have developed or utilised innovative technologies (hardware or software) representing progressive developments for competitive advantage.
- Sustainability Award: Recognises the products, processes, or policies that support a greener, more sustainable environment.
- Ambassador of the Year: Awards the individual/business that has come to be clearly identified on a national scale as part of Brand Carlow.
- Best Online Presence: Awards the best online presence that delivers in a range of ways -Website Purpose, Simplicity, Useability, Functional, Optimisation, impact on the business and connection with brand and communication channels.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to a pillar of the Carlow business community, a person who has led and inspired others, a person who has spent a lifetime in business – in good times and bad.
- Outstanding Small Business of the Year: Recognises those businesses employing fewer than 20 people on a full-time basis, who have made a long-standing contribution to the community.
- Business of the Year: Recognises businesses for noteworthy accomplishments, long-standing contribution to the community, and significant community service efforts.
Don’t forget to set a reminder for the 11th of November! Click here for more information about the event.