The .CLOUD gLTD is celebrating its four year birthday, so we thought it would be a good time to talk about this wildly successful domain.
They recently released a report that highlighted:
- There are now almost 200,000 .CLOUD domains in registration
- This is shared across 180 countries
- Over 20,000 registered in China alone
Cloud hosting and cloud-based SaaS services have been one of the fastest-growing areas of the industry for years, and continue to be. Having a .CLOUD domain name makes it easy for customers to remember your website and get in touch with you. You can easily register a .CLOUD domain with Blacknight.
To borrow one of .CLOUD’s slogans – the future is in cloud hosting and cloud services, so if your business will have any connection to these, whatsoever, then it’s important to pick up a .CLOUD domain name. They are not expensive and it secures your brand for the cloud-based future.
Here are some great uses of the .CLOUD domain that we’ve come across:
- FoodCloud – FoodCloud is an Irish social enterprise that connects businesses with surplus food to charities
- Home – Fint Cloud Accounting – Cloud accounting practice.
- Fashion Cloud – Digital platform connecting retailers and brands in the fashion industry.
- TinyMCE – The rich text editing platform that helped launch Atlassian, Medium, Evernote, and more uses .Cloud.
- Balsamiq Cloud – Fast, Approachable, Collaborative Wireframing
.Cloud domains currently have special pricing at Blacknight for €9.99 ex VAT for the first year (normally €17.99). Register yours here. Couple this with our scalable Cloud hosting packages that start at just €12.95/month, you can get your new cloud-based idea going in minutes and expand easily when you need to.