We’ve all wasted hours of our time trying to grab Internet domains that are already registered. That’s why we launched Dropped.ie – to display on one page all the domains around a single word that are available to register or buy right now.
But not content with that, we’ve added a semantic element to the service – so if you type in a certain word, we will also seek out available domains that are related to it.
The example we have been using to show it off is “espresso” – which will also display results with the word “coffee” in. It’s mostly dot-ie domains at the moment, but we also have dot-coms and are looking to expand it across all the top-level domains that Blacknight sells.
We also pull in third-party domains for sale, and let you choose regional terms to help you get to a suitable domain as quickly as possible.
One click next to each domain will display the domain’s history and its popularity.
And a single click will pull you through to a registration page for that domain – making it easier than ever to get your domain and get it fast.
But that’s not all – we are constantly looking at ways to improve.
So we’ve had a brainstorm and current thoughts include:
- Letting people choose their country, and automatically pulling in regional search information such as counties or states
- Picking the best available domains – of any extension – and sticking them up the top in a Best Picks box
- Improving the search so it second-guesses where you are going and gets there before you
- Doing a mash-up with Google Maps data or Maxmind’s GeoIP tools
Here’s where we want to hear from you.
- What do you think of the service?
- What do you think of the ideas above?
- Do you have any ideas of your own that you think would make Dropped.ie better?
If so, now’s the time to speak up.
Just add a comment below or email us at email@example.com and we’ll check it out and, where possible, incorporate it.
So please check out Dropped.ie and get back to us with ways to improve it.