The domain registry Radix, the purveyor of gTLDs such as .SITE, .TECH, and .ONLINE is celebrating five years of .SITE – one of the most successful gTLD’s on the market.
In a recent email, they shared some interesting stats we thought we worth sharing with you all.
- There are now 1.5 million registered .SITE domains
- It’s now the 4th largest of all the ‘new’ TLD’s that started coming onto the market in 2012
- 51% growth in year on year renewals in 2019
- Amongst the Top 5 nTLDs in Alexa 1 Million rankings
- Used by 50+ SMB Verticals
We’ve seen some interesting uses for .SITE over the years. Most people simply use it as their primary website – and it’s very popular in the tech industry. There are also several creative uses – for example we’ve seen construction companies use the name for a construction site or for places that are monitored with cameras. It’s also very flexible in that it can be used in many different languages. If your domain isn’t available in your ccTLD, it will probably be available in .SITE.
Here are some more reasons to consider .SITE for your online business activities:
- It’s short
- It’s recognizable as ‘website’
- Easy to remember
- Smaller user base means that many keyword combinations and brand names haven’t been registered
- It’s affordable – at Blacknight it’s only €23.99 per year
- Don’t need a .SITE because you already have a domain? Register it anyway for brand protection so no one else can
Ready to register .a SITE domain? Then head on over to Blacknight and register .SITE today!